Monday, September 5, 2011

Picture books are the best!

I love picture books. Looking at faces and places seems to tell a story so much better than words. I went on an adventure with my friend, Kristy, this Labor Day weekend to Virgina for a friends wedding and a short visit with the parents. What better way to tell the story than with pictures...

We left on Thursday night, MUCH later than expected. I found "Gutsy" in Kristy's car. It was my mission to make gutsy our trip mascot. Sadly I forgot about him after the initial drive. Oopsie
Here is "Gutsy" being just that, gutsy. He was hanging from the dog tags.


"Gutsy" found a decoy hand carved wooden duck trailer... it was 3:30am at this point and that was the funniest thing we had seen all night, or so we thought.

We made it to the wedding! It was a beautiful night with a beautiful bride and a wonderful event. True.Story

The wedding was at The Meadows in Doswell, VA. There was a large white cow on the grounds. That is picture worthy.

On Sunday we had a Tyner Family cookout. From L to R ... Amanda (sister), Me, Mama and Daddy

This picture says A LOT about my family. My mom is laughing, my dad looks like he is up to something (which he totally was - he was pinching the heck out of my side after I pinched his arm), I look like I am getting away with something (pinching Dad), Amanda is keeping it classy and Sean wants to be all done with pictures. Yep, typical Tyner photo
We get told all the time that we could be sisters. This is our family photo at the Tyner Cookout.


Sadly, even though we are all smiles, it was time to leave Virgina. We had lunch with the parents and visited Nana for a bit and then hit the road. We were all smiles at the beginning of the 7 hour trip.

We encountered some crazy weather on the way home. At one point we turned on the radio just to hear that everywhere around us was in a Tornado or sever weather moment. We decided to turn the radio off!

We had a great trip. There was lots of laughter and memories.

And they all lived happily ever after. (That is the way picture books are supposed to end right?!?)



No comments:

Post a Comment